Tuesday 12 April 2011

crafty night

So I set out to make an anniversary card for my parents and ended up making a little bit more!  Such fun!

So here goes ...

The anniversary card which started it all off!  Used some freebie papers from cardmaking and papercraft magazine, layered up with red paper, silver paper with the Martha Stewart punch cut along it, then added cream ribbon and the bow.  Then added the chipboard sticker sentiment and the gold dragonfly to the bow.  My mum loves poppies hence the choice of paper.  Pretty, and quite understated I suppose sums this one up!




Next were some freebie decoupage pages (again a freebie from a magazine).  Definitely not my usual thing - a bit too cutesy and naff in terms of the picture, but relaxing to put together.  Then mounted it on turqouise, silver and blue picking out the colours in the picture, then added a thin red ribbon tied through a tweedy button as the embellishment.
 


 Next was another decoupage sheet from the same range.  This time glittered the slippers and dotted the apron with glitter.  Layered on some old textured wallpaper found in my bits and bobs box i've been meaning to go through for ages.  Stamped the side border with a couple of SeeDee's stamps I've had for years and never touched before.  Added gems to the centre of each heart.  Then added the ribbon and bow.  Very cutesy - makes me feel a little nauseus but think it's perfect to give to princess M when I see her tomorrow after 3 nights away!



Now this next one took a fair amount of time to get right.  Again the freebie papers from the magazine I bought today and a stamp from a different magazine.  Coloured the image with promarkers, distress inked the white circle with spun sugar.  Punched the circle with Debbie Moore DecoPunch (usually find this fiddly but liked the effect today.  Then cut off part of the front of the card to create and overhand.  Distressed the front of the card with the Spun Sugar and used a little butterfly stamp *from the same freebie set as the main image, to stamp a background using the spun sugar again.  Then used background papers for the inside of the card and for the border along the edge.  Layered up with some dimension for the circle parks and then added the pink gems for a bit of bling on the left.  Finally added the sentiment at the bottom (slight misstamp - but not horrific!)
 For the inside used a panel of white, punched the edge with the DecoPunch to match the circle, inked it and stamped the butterfly randomly again.

And finally my favourite of the evening ...

... well you have to wait for another day as the image I've taken isn't quite good enough so going to take a photo of it tomorrow in day light!

What a tease I am!

Also must get round to posting the pictures of the easter cards M and I made at the weekend.  Got Thursday and Friday off work and I'm sure M and I will get up to some more crafty goodness again then!

Night night for now!  Happy crafting folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment