Saturday 18 June 2011

Crafty catchup and general whinge!

So firstly a really big whinge!  I really need to finish some cards over the weekend and just need to wait until I had the printer back working.  So I spend £30 on ink and the beeping thing isn't working. 

Secondly I have written this post once already and the beeping thing didn't save.  So so so so frustrating.

So now whinge over for the second time and here is the crafty update ...

Commissions are all going a little mad (mainly the reason for the printer frustration!) which is great.  Here are 2 of the latest ones, both for new customers ...

... 21st card for a girl with lilac theme ...
So used some of that lovely CoreDinations card and some other lilac cardstock to create the layers and used the marvellous Martha Stewart punch.  Then added a ribbon wrap and affixed this to the lilac pearlescent card blank.  Then stamped the Debbi Moore image onto the scalloped panel (little eBay purchase) and then coloured with promarkers (yes the love affair continues).  Then added the ribbon tag and the button.  I then added the gem stones and the glittery numbers (they've been used quite a lot recently haven't they!) and the recipients name.

Second commission is a grandma card for a friend... (her grandma not her being the grandma just to clarify!)


So I used the cutesy floral paper paper I got from a magazine.  I added half a doily and cut it in half and then matted it up.  Then added the stripey panel which I punched on both sides to make a paper ribbon.  Then added the grosgrain ribbon and a thinner organza ribbon to add the texture.  Then inked the scalloped panel with the pale pink from the Stampin Up range.  Then added the butterflies from the Bliss Stampin Up range.  Then stamped it again on vellum with rich razzleberry and glued it down the spine to give the image of it flying.  Then stamped the sentiment in the same ink.  Added the little gems for the antennae and the little detail on the corner of the panel.  Then added the roses, the little Making Memories tag (which I inked) and the cutsey threads.  Inked the edge of the white card with the pink and then mounted it all up.  Really pretty card - fingers crossed she liked it.

Anways on other crafty news the chances are that I will be doing something for me for the next few weeks as joining an online class I am very excited about.  It's so rare to do something for me.  I'm usually doing cards - which I love, or scraps of M and V - which I also love, but I suppose that I am neglecting me so here's to the latest love - journalling!

So I'll keep you posted on this and will hopefully return soon enough with a less whingey post next time.

Take care all and happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment