Tuesday 16 August 2011

A very special retirement card

My papa roel, a very close family friend in the Netherlands, is retiring in a few weeks time after a lifetime service to the dutch police force. He has generously invited my parents to join him for his special day and I am very jealous my parents are going to see all my dutch 'family' and I am not. But I have instead been charged with making a card from the family to him.

So we met our wonderful friends on holiday 17 years ago and have since seen each others families many times so I thought travel as a theme was appropriate.

I tried my best Barbara grey techniques and used some of her stamps alongside some others I had to get the postcard scene and the background.
I added some lovely stampin up ribbon I got from eBay and some lovely patterned paper from my stash and some green card and mounted it all on a white 8 x 8 blank. Added the sentiment tag which I brayered and added the peel off. Then the die cut leaves and the button with some candi inside to finish off.

Enjoy. Really proud of this one. I put my heart into making it and hope my dear papa roel has a fantastic party and an amazing retirement.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card, it looks like Eilean Donan castle. Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete