Thursday 5 April 2012

Another non traditional Easter card

Another Easter card which is far from traditional but used a lovely technique my lovely crafting friend Helen showed me.

I inked up the acrylic block ... Yes that's right ... The block not a stamp and then placed it down on the card and it created a fab background (wisteria wonder) even with its own border ... How fab is that?

I then used a stamp set I got last month in my massive pile of stuff and hadn't even broken open... simply Soft. It's a lovely selection of floral stems with the double layer. In this case I just stamped the outline in the Concord and added the sentiment in the same colour ink.

I mat this on the handmade paper I have in the scraps box and the purple panel. This is then all mounted on the lovely lilac card

I am entering this into the Craftycardmakers challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing my Easter cards last night - I am off to deliver them to my Mum now on the way to work... just need to make mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely card & clever easy technique from Helen. I love having such crafty friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - I love the soft purple shade.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got this stamp set - its gorgeous and you've done a great card with it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete