Wednesday 18 April 2012

Circle journal ... Two months to catch up on

Wow how time flies... Having gone to post about this months journal that has just made its way to the next recipient I've realised I hadn't posted about the one before yet!

So here goes.

The journal belonged to the beautiful Janey and I chose a quote to inspire me and decided to make that the feature for the first half of the journal layout...

As you can see I went orange! Yes very orange indeed! This was created using inks and painting with them, and then adding some larger blobs of ink and letting them run down the page to create the texture in the background. I then used some different lettering techniques to layout the quote from Mary Anne Radmacher using the India ink pens and the white souffle pen. I then added additional texture with the ranger enamel accents in blacks and white.

For the other half of the page I doodled a bare tree on book print and cut it out. I inked it up with some distress inks and stuck it down.

I then added the dot leaves for the tree using the orange, yellow and white acrylic paint.

Finally I added the leaves which are Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves cut out of laminate floor colour samples so have a wood grain to them.

Then I added some writing on the tree, some writing under the leaves and doodled some hearts hanging and the date stamp up the edge.

Now I have a confession to make ... The leaves were not part of the original page but instead were there to cover up an error. I did try to paint a woman under the tree but it went horribly wrong as the acrylics I have got are not great quality and she looked awful on a small scale and I couldn't get her right .... So the leaves connect the too pages with the overlap but were designed to cover the error! As it is I actually really like them so it was a happy thing in the end!

Janey's journal page for me was about my exploration of lettering ... And this continued to the tag!

I doodled the tag with the big Friend and patterned the letters and then added the friend quotes around the edge. The tag itself was also painted brightly with the shocking pink ink this time! The back I used the inks as sprays for a change and sprayed both colours and then stamped the flowers over the back too. Then I added the collection of bright pink, red and orange ribbons through the tag to finish.

So that was the journal page I did for Janey. The next post is all about the pages I did for Lynn.

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous bright page (and tag!), I love those leaves at the bottom - a definite happy accident! x

    ReplyDelete