Friday 8 June 2012

ATC swap ... May ... Flight

The lovely Tracey who owns Running with Scissors, hosts a monthly ATC swap with a theme and last month I shared with you the Earth ATCs I made in celebration of Earth Day.

Well May saw the anniversary of the first female pilot to cross the Atlantic so Tracey's theme was flight in whatever way you can interpret it.

I don't know why but the Dylusions stamps were the ones I went to straight away even though I have plenty of other bird and butterfly and even plane stamps! So I took some Kraft card and stamped the birds from set and the flower in crumb cake ink. I then stamped the flower again in the Baja breeze onto the blue polka dot paper from a magazine. I then fussy cut the flowers taking the inner edge of the stamp as they are sort of double lined sketchy stamps. This I then affixed to the flower that was stamped off the Kraft. I then mounted the Kraft onto the blue spotty paper with a small mat showing. Then mounted the whole thing onto the ATC blank.

It was at this point I realised that one of the requirements of the swap was to include silver so then I had to have a think about the way to progress it.

So I decided to hand draw the birds again with a white opaque pen and then added some decorative peel offs and a silver card candi to finish them off.





Hope you like them. The ATCs I received in return were just stunning ... Well done everyone involved. Can't wait to look at what June's swap is and get mine done for that too.

Happy crafting.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment