Monday 6 August 2012

Anything goes ... Cute tweetie birds

I spotted these little bird stamps in a freebie set from a magazine and decided I wanted to try something a little different with them.


Firstly I masked off the central stripe on the card with making tape then I stamped the birds using some grey ink. I then stamped them again on post it notes and cut them out and covered over the stamped image on the card. Then I used my brayer to add the blue and green to the card. I didn't use an extra mask and just created a softer hill effect by not brayering straight! Then I uncovered the birds and coloured them with my promarker in a pale lemon colour. I then removed the masking tape mask. Then I stamped the ticket sentiment in black underneath the panel.

Really pleased with how this came out... Love it when I try something different and have this kind of a play!

Entering into the Anything Goes challenge at Craft Your Passion

Also entering it for the Less Is More challenge of blue and green.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad which means I probably haven't proof read the above and there is likely to be rubbish included that I probably should have thought about more! So please accept this post as it is and sorry that I didn't take more care!

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for the CAS (clean and simple) style! I really like how you did the very soft green and blue band with your brayer. I see you only entered our challenge - and (I NEVER do this - just for you!) I can't help but encourage you to also enter the challenge at http://jtcardmaking.blogspot.com/. This is a site called Less is More and I think you will enjoy it!
    Nicely done Catie! And good luck at both challenges!
    I'm so glad you joined in at Craft Your Passion. Stampe Diem!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation ... Have linked up. C xxx

      Delete
  2. They are a couple of little cuties!
    Lovely card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet CAS card. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete