Really enjoying scrapping again so this morning made another page from some pics a friend gave me from our rock climbing experience for her daughters birthday.
I am really really pleased with this page... I think it's my favourite ever page I've constructed. I think for once I took it slowly rather than just going for it and sticking stuff down I paused and thought about it and tried things out for quite a while before settling on the final layout. I suppose the only thing I don't feel as happy about is the for and the the but they will do!
I used a new stamp I got in the sale box at a local craft shop which has recently changed ownership and so some stock is being moved out. I really wanted the mandala stamp from SU but couldn't justify the cost ... This wood mount stamp was only £3.49 and I think is a good alternative! I stamped it in the background on the green pearlescent card as a random pattern in the old olive so that it was a watermark.
Then I used scraps of the cream and the patterned paper which is double sided to create the little tags and mixed in some grosgrain ribbon too to add a different texture. The cream tags I inked the edges with the green to add some extra depth too. I spent ages clustering the tags in different ways before I was happy with them too.
Then a strip of the striped paper placed down the middle although slightly over to the left. Then I affixed the photos with a cream mat to them. I had cut down the ones of Hubby and I to make them fit nicely and left Maya's at 6x4. Then I added the title using two different alpha stamps for the middle words and the flocked letters for the reach and top.
Then I decided it needed a theme embellishment and didn't plump for the usual flowers as they weren't flowery pics at all. I had a hunt through the stamp stash and decided instead on the star stamp that came with a magazine a while ago.
I stamped it in the rose red and the old olive onto the cream cardstock and cut them out and then affixed them using pin flair to keep some dimension to them, having shaped them in my hand so they are slightly domed.
Then the card candi came out and I happen to have a pack that toned perfectly with the patterned paper. These I chose them at random and made a splatter effect with them over the three focus areas.
As I said earlier I am do pleased with this page and the way it came out.
Thanks for coming to have a peep and please leave me a comment as I'd love to know what you thought!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad which means I probably haven't proof read the above and there is likely to be rubbish included that I probably should have thought about more! So please accept this post as it is and sorry that I didn't take more care!