Monday 14 March 2011

Crafting Friday afternoon!

So my afternoon off work started with a visit to a new craft shop - Jenny's craft shop in Widnes - as I was in Widnes for a meeting in the morning.  A few pounds lighter and off I set for home for a few hours of craft.

Inspired by one of the cards from the previous night I created one card, and the others were just my excuse to use my new purchases.

So first one -


Using the lovely stamp set I bought from Jenny's shop I stamped the girl on the pearlescent card and coloured using the promarkers - I'm definitely improving my colouring skills and quickly becoming addicted to promarkers.  Then layered up with the cute yellow and orange ribbon and then made up the flower from the stash I bought and inked it slightly to made the colour a little more toned.  Then cut the tag and added the sentiment.  Cute!



Second card was using the same stamp set as above, but with the boy image.  So used navy base card layered with a pale brown.  Stamped up the two white cards with the three images, and again my lovely promarkers.  Used a bright blue panel to link the two with some of the ribbon to tie in the orange in the pictures.  Finally, distressed the edges of the white panels and stamped the sentiment.  V cute - love the little boy image.

Third card  - used polka doodles stamps (free with a magazine) and the paper left from the first card to create this card.  made the front of the card slightly narrower than the back to be able to see the ribbon wrapped around.  Love the paper flowers - glittered this one slightly using glitter glus and used a pearl for the centre of the flower.  Think this will be for a friends 60th birthday that I am going to as it's nice, simple and effective.

Late in posting this as pc died on me - more posts to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment