Thursday 10 March 2011

Crafty night at Sam's

So tonight I met some lovely people at Sam's card class in Thelwall and we did two lovely cards.

Firstly we did the trees card above.  This was heat embossing the three tree images onto green and cream in gold.  Adding the little gold gems randomly on the trees.  Heat embossing the sentiment in gold onto the brown and mat and layering it all up with a nice brown ribbon and some flowery paper.  Finally some nail head gems on the corner.  Nice, and simple!

Next up the Polka Doodles stamped image below!

Firstly - what an adorable image from Polka Doodles - and not like the normal from Polka Doodles - but still lovely!

Stamped the image twice onto the cream and then coloured using promarkers.  I'm still learning the colouring techniques but quite pleased with the job I did on this card. Mat and layered both images with the dark red.

Then created the trifold card with the image in the centre, and then stamped the sentiment on the inside cover with the mat of the patterned paper and then same shape and mat for the back panel.


Finally the other image onto the front of the card with the mat of the patterned paper - but not before affixing the gorgeous flowery organza ribbon to tie up the card.  Finishing touch of some orange bling to co-ordinate!  What a lovely little card.

Well done Sam for the projects and well done me on executing them pretty well - even if I say so myself!

To finish off my crafty night an email from Helen to let me know my Stampin Up order has arrived!  Woo hoo!  Just have to wait until the next class to get it though as too busy in the meantime to get there - ah well at least I have presents to look forward to!

Night all - happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment