Monday 28 March 2011

First of the creations post NEC

So finally I got to play with my new bits and pieces and this is what I created!  Of course my first thing to try had to be my Barbara Grey stamps and play with the brayering techniques for creating some scenes.  I've done a few of these but only finished one card off.

So first I created the hills using some torn paper for the edges.  Then masked that off and did the sky with some sort of cloud effects.  Used my Stampin Up inks for this ... So celery and Baja Breeze.  Then with the Naked tree stamped the main tree and the branches coming down.  Then used one of the leaves stamps to build up the tree and edge as grass type of thing in the foreground.  Then hand drew a squiggly line around the frame the image.  Then I mounted the image onto the So celery patterned paper from Stampin Up, and the same with the Baja Breeze paper, leaving an edge to use my new Martha Stewart French Scroll punch.  I wrapped a patterned ribbon I got from the NEC around (think it was a stall selling Sizzix dies!) and mounted it all on the Old Olive card from Stampin Up.  Finally, layered some flowers up to create one flower embellishment in the corner of the image to finish it off!
On a final note - please see the lovely wall paper behind the card - that was my task last Friday - really pleased with it - so sorry for the dodgy photo but had to make do with the webcam and at least then my less crafty handiwork is also displayed in all it's glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment