Tuesday 26 April 2011

Commission 1 and 2

So I wrote about my first commission a while ago and now it's time to post the final piece of work and to show you commission number 2.

So the order was a 30th card with a golf theme.  Firstly I don't do golf or mens cards normally - definately not pretty enough but pleased with the results for this one!  Used a couple of digikits from CraftArtist and DSA to construct the picture, and the backing paper (it's green with a tiny polkadot).  Then printed it out and layered up with some silver paper, and some silver ribbons.  I also decoupaged the tree with a couple of layers and embellished with the buton.  The blue panel is also felt to give it a bit of a different texture going on!  I was pleased with this - and the person who commissioned it was also happy!  Phew!


Now commission number 2!  One of my lovely friends at work has already purchased a few cards from the box and mentioned she would be happy if I put a 50th on one of them so I said I would make one especially!  The first word she used to describe her friend was ditsy - and that said to me Polka Doodles!  So used the Sundae of Seasons CDRom to make this tent card.  Layered up the green and pale blue paper to make the background and then added the cottage in the back, and then the flowery fence at the front.  Also made the sentiment to stick on the side.  Then glittered up the flowers and embellished with the tiny buttons.  Cute!  Fingers crossed she will like this - hopefully tomorrow she'll get to see it in person!

The commissioning has continued too - Mum came back to me with an empty wallet I'd put the cards in I made her for Xmas asking for some more and letting me know the next 2 birthdays are also male ones - a music and football one - so watch this space more commissions to be completed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, think I'm only half way through this batch of posts on your blog - what a busy bee you've been.
    I'm off to see what the music and football cards were like.

    ReplyDelete