Tuesday 26 April 2011

Ballerina card

OK so this is a card I made a week or so ago and didn't post as the picture I had wasn't brilliant.  I love this card.  The stamp is a Debbie Moore one I bought at the NEC.  I've coloured it with promarkers, and distressed the edge with spun sugar distress inks.  Also stamped the word Love on from a set of SeeDees I've had for years and hardly used!  The backing paper is one of the Diary of an Edwardian Lady (I think this is what it's called!) which came with a magazine.  Although the papers are a little oldie worldie for me, I've used loads of them as background papers and surprised myself!
Velvet scalloped ribbon down the side and embellished with some lovely paper flowers - also known as deadly flowers!
Why Deadly Flowers?  Because I bought them at the NEC and the wires poked out of the plastic bag and have scratched my calf loads to the point of having rivers of blood trickling down my leg and now I've got some lovely scars to show for it!  So these are now known as the deadly flowers!

Anyway - so pleased with my colouring on this card and really proud of the way it ended up.  This is in the cards for sale box at work so wonder if anyone else will like it enought to pay for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment