Friday 27 May 2011

Finally got there ...

... after a lovely evening with a friend who is going through a very difficult time at the moment, which I hope has assisted her just by chewing the cud with me, I thought I would get online and update the blog with the latest of my creations - and before Diane says anything, I still haven't finished the M and V yet so not posting the C!


So where do I start ... well some more commissions I suppose!
The person who ordered the pearl card needed a golf card so this is what I created ... used craftartist to make up the picture from a few digi kits, the mats and layers and the little sentiment topper.  Then printed them all separately to do some decoupage.  Then added the digistamp from Bugaboostamps which I then coloured with promarkers.  Then mounted it all on the pearlescent blue card.  Finally added some stickers from a set of raised stickers from the Create and Craft range from Wilkinsons.  Don't like most of the stickers on the set, but some of them are fine as additions to these sort of cards and at the price you can't argue!  Overall - quite cute and hopefully fulfilled the purpose!

 Second was a request for a 2 year old boy card for a different work colleague.  (I am getting a bit bored with the requests for male cards - girls ones are so much more fun!).  But anyway - used some lovely checked paper, green ribbon and brown card to create some interesting layers for the stamped topper.  This is a Molly Blooms topper (freebie with a magazine months ago).  Coloured with promarkers with the themes of green and brown and blue.  Then added the lovely little chipboard number with it's topper.  Coloured this in brown and green to match with the colour scheme of the card.  Finally mounted it all on a light green tall thin card.
Well this is a slightly in progress version of the card - i forgot to photograph it when it was finished.  But you can see where I was going with it nonetheless - promise you it looked completely fab when it was finished!  So used some freebie papers to create the background, and put it onto peach pearlescent card.  Then put some lovely yellow gingham ribbon around the bottom and mounted three cute yellow buttons on it.  Then the picture is a stamped image I've used quite a lot (but can't remember the make of it!).  Mounted it onto green and then coloured with promarkers and added the yellow ribbon with the little bow/knot.  Anyway the theme for this card was a 3 year old who loves sunflowers and helping on the allotment.  So this is the reason for the image of a little girl gardening.  Now the added features were a number 3, the name of child and the main thing that it's a shame I won't be able to show you which was the very cute sunflower stickers I bought especially for it!  So so so cute!

So those are the latest commissions ... there are more to come but haven't loaded all the pictures yet so will put them in a different post!

No comments:

Post a Comment