Tuesday 11 October 2011

And now drawing...

... will Catherine's love affair with art ever stop?

So I have joined in with another online course, courtesy of some of.my circle journal friends to do a class all year next year. As I am on my phone I can't do a complete link at the moment but it is at willowing.org and it is the life book class. Now this doesn't start till the new year so now I am busy thinking how the hell am I going to be able to do this and so am doing one of the other self guided courses, fabulous faces, to have a go at drawing faces. Now this sort of drawing I haven't done since I was in primary school so I felt incredibly nervous doing my first face. But I followed Tam, the teacher, and created my face! Obviously not my face, but a face I made up!
Ok so its not perfect but I am pretty amazed ... especially as I drew it on graph paper in a moleskin and using a hb propelling pencil so rubbish for shading.

So I'm now feeling more confident about the life book and curious about how my faces will get better as I follow the other 5 lessons.

The other good news is that I am starting to feel better. No pain killers since this morning and managed a long day in work too. So fingers crossed I am finally on the mend.

In other news another journal has landed at my house and after just staring at it for days in awe of the previous artists... work has started on the pages I am doing for the lovely Becca.

Happy crafting all...
Enjoy my first ever portrait...

No comments:

Post a Comment