Sunday 26 February 2012

Card commission ... Forever young (again)!

This morning after being awaken very early for a weekend maya and I decided there was time for some card making and so I set to work on a commission I had had for a 50th birthday. I loved the clock card I made recently so much I decided to adapt that and make the card bigger with a few extra touches.

I kept to the same colour scheme and this time embossed the stamped image on a smooth card stock so it looks brighter and embossed the greeting too. Also added a scalloped trim and a sparkly ribbon, and of course the glittered number stickers.

I then made a quick little notelet to send with the card using the other new saleabration kit 'elementary elegance' as hubby will be passing the card over rather than me as the friend it was made on behalf of works with him.

My newly organised scrap box came in handy twice during this card making exercise ... Once to grab white card stock for the stamped clock images and secondly to get the panel for the notelet ... Perfectly cut to size and ready and handmade paper I had previously completely forgotten about! Hurrah for my organisation exercise.

Right clearing up time, then shower and start cooking the lunch ... And in relation to gez's previous comment ... Not enough meat on the mother in law so she would only feed one of us hungry people!

Have fun everyone whatever you are upto on this lovely Sunday ... See how much happier I am when not poorly!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Catherine. Yes, would go lovely with my parlour prints background stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to persuade you to bring it round for me to play with!?!

    ReplyDelete