Friday 17 February 2012

Card making a plenty.

So today and yesterday I managed some crafting... Some work on the journal for the lovely Janey and made some cards. I have been looking around pinterest for some inspiration and so decided to follow some posts directly and others my own take on it...
link to original inspiration

I used this card as inspiration and used clarity stamps and a freebie sentiment to finish off. Used stampin up inks... Baja breeze, old olive and pear pizazz and some foam to blend them after masking off the strip for the scene. Stamped the trees in old olive. Then removed the mask and stamped the four trees from Claritystamps in black and then the sentiment.
I'm pleased with this ... Thanks to splitcoaststampers for the inspiration.
link to inspiration ... search for Bliss in the blog and you will find the brown bliss cards

Ok so another pinterest inspired ... This time made a few.
Very different colour scheme but same work in essence. Used Baja breeze and island indigo to stamp the Bliss set of stamps from stampin up, then used the rose red for the butterflies and cut them out. Edged panels in ink and matted onto a pink card lying around in my pile of card stock. Then put onto the small blue cards for which I need to make envelopes so rarely use them. Embellished with the enamel dimensional paint from ranger to look like pearls. Butterflies were raised on foam pads for dimension too. Loved doing these.
So the next few are all from my latest stamps from stampin up... Forever young range. So love this tree wit the swing!
So again inspired by another pinterest card...
inspiration is the pink and green card if you scroll down.

Used a different colour scheme based on what came to hand at the top of the scraps pile... The patterened paper was one of the Christmas papers from my minds eye. Used black soot distress ink to distress all the edges.

Also Martha Stewart punch for the side edge and some ribbon. Die cut a sentiment label and added the birthday in. Used the black enamel to glue the pearl beads into place.

Mounted it on a Kraft card as it seemed to suit it best.
The above black and cream and silver ones were inspired by a monochrome card I saw using this set from stampin up.

inspiration

Mine go no where near the beauty of the inspiration but I like them nonetheless.
And this is all my own work ... Not used anything to base it on, just came across the scraps of paper and wanted to use the urban stamps from papermania as princess m was also stamping with them... Think the papers were freebie nitwit ones, and the ink is rose red from stampin up.
So this is what I have to share with you today! Hope you like and a Massive thank you to the clever crafters who have inspired me with these makes!

2 comments:

  1. These are all brilliant. I think quite a new slant for you. My favourite is.. well either the first or the third. That tree swing stamp is glorious and you've put it to such good use. I also like though the effect of the two pieces of paper on the last card- it's quite a trick on the eyes as at first I thought they were the card on their own with the butterflies on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers hon... Really enjoyed just following another one as inspiration rather than having to think about it too much... Plus enjoyed using up scraps for a change.

    ReplyDelete