Saturday 3 March 2012

Officially stupid and very tired!

Why I hear you ask?

Because despite being absolutely shattered when I made the other two merry Monday cards, when I went back to the table to "tidy up" I got distracted! Very distracted!

Six more Christmas cards made all following the sketches from Merry Monday so I am officially up to date with the challenge! And result is ... One very tired girl who knows she will regret this late night tomorrow but six pretty nice Christmas cards!

Sketch one

Used the freebie pyrimage kit to do the central feature ... Haven't got an oval available to hand so this had to suffice. Used a couple of scraps to cate the side panel and it looked wrong without the backing panel so I added that to the sketch too.

Sketch two

This is the same image as the previous one but a different design of layering it up and slightly smaller.

Also added the felt scallop edge to the bottom of the polka dot (stampin up) panel.

Sketch three

This is a simple challenge card with the panel, felt scallop edge, and the felt frame to back up the cute decoupage Humphreys Corner image. These are the Himpreys Corner kit I got last year from Crafters Companion and I have loads of the kit left to play with.

I then stamped the sentiment using a Su stamp.

Sketch four

This time I chose s black base card and a lovely green mirror card panel as the image I want to use in place of the circle has beautiful colours that I thought needed to pop with the mirror and black. I also added a printed sentiment from the stock of Hot off the press ones I got as a freebie with a magazine last year. Once again a lovely Humoreys Corner decoupage image.

Sketch five

This time some different papers... I found these in my Christmas box and thought they were very cute... I think they are forever friends ones from Do crafts. They are double sided and so the strip across the middle is the reverse of the snowflake one. Added the felt ric rac as it felt like it needed a contrast in there too. Then the beautiful Humphrey is here again ... So so cute!

Sketch six

This was a quick one and not my best stamping ....
I used the left over paper from the previous card and the left over ric rac, added the heart as the circle replacement and stamped the freebie sentiment reindeer image (craft stamper magazine freebie) in certain celery ink. It's cute but not as well made as the others!

Probably due to extreme tiredness obviously!

So now I have tidied up and had my milk and am about to climb the stairs to bed! Doubt there will be much sense out of me in the morning ... Not much change there I hear you say ... Well I only hear you if you haven't nodded off from my photo heavy rambling drivel!

Night night dear blog visitor!

No comments:

Post a Comment