Thursday 12 April 2012

A quick craft

This weekend it's my parents wedding anniversary so I have made them a card with some of my new cardstock from SU in the In colors. I knew I wanted to use the manhattan rose embossing folder and the new stamp set I got last month on saleabration.

I chose the delicate but bright Pool Party and inked up the embossing folder before putting it through the big shot. Then I cut out the full rose rather than leaving it as a panel. I then decided to choose some creamy yellow card stock from the stash pile and embossed a panel with a swirly star rectangle (no idea where I got this from but certainly don't use it enough!) I then stamped the sentiment in the panel with the pool party and layered it all up with a strip of grosgrain and two flat backed pearl gems to add the different texture.

Fingers crossed this meets the bill and the parents enjoy the creation... I find it hard to create for my family as they ae everything I do and are by far the hardest to impress!

2 comments:

  1. And no idea why it is upside down! The picture wasn't upside down in the draft before it was published! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is so soft and elegant, Catie! Love that embossed flower.

    ReplyDelete