Sunday, 27 May 2012

Another circle journal catch up

This month I was determined to get the journal page done ahead of time and passed on as I had been so late with the previous month. As it has now made its way across to the east of the country I can now share the process and some pics.

This time the journal was owned by Darcy who is the mummy of the group in that she keeps us in line and organises us wonderfully. We all love her dearly for playing the responsible role! Working on her journal however is incredibly intimidating as she is such a wonderful artist herself. Having said that though I felt happy throughout the process of creation and didn't once think I was doing the wrong thing ... Makes a change!

So what did I do?

Well I started with glueing down some book pages ... Richard II was the book on hand ... And old copy from the sixties i think and in the back was a family tree which I thought made a nice and unusual background. I then stamped and embossed in clear powder the flower image. This then gave a relief when inking over the top.

So after the embossing I inked the background with a mixture of distress ink, Dylusions ink and mica sprays in copper, red and antique photo. Once it was dry I then added copper and bronze acrylic paint and rubbed it around the edges in particular and i feel it gave warmth to the page.I kept cleaning off the embossed flowers as best I could though to maintain the see through aspect they had.

I did a similar job to the photo above on the other side although added more red ... V mentioned it looked a little like a murder scene at this point so I added more copper and bronze paint so hopefully Darcy doesn't think I murdered someone to finish her page! I also added black into the mix in the other side ... Not sure why ... Just felt like it needed it!

Next on a separate piece of watercolour paper I drew a naked she art girl ... And painted her in ... This was so funny to me at the time ... No idea why but I got the giggles lots! I would be rubbish at a life art class that's for sure!

I then watercoloured the dress... So that I could dress my naked girl!

When I cut out the girl and dress I then mod podged it down and started to doodle the outlines a little and add extra paint to the hair to give it some more texture. I also added the rub ins and some extra details with the pain and scraped some black paint over to blend the girl a little more. I also added some trim I got from Tracey from the group for winning an AtC swap she organised.

For the detail of the other side I wanted to use some rub on sentiments and also some layered flower elements.

I stamped the same flower stamps as the embossed, but this time I chose the layer effect ones where the flower comes in three different petal layers and the centre as a separate one. I stamped it in the chocolate chip brown ink onto white card, and then used my spray inks to colour them. Once I had stuck them down I then added the crackle accents to the centres to give some more texture.

So now the tag ...

On one side I swiped it with distress inks and the. Used a stencil to spray some water through to discolour the ink. I then added the bird of the copper acrylic and added some rub ons and the journalling

The other side had a mixture of inks blended and some more of the copper and bronze acrylics and a little bit of black. Again I added some rub ons including the sentiment and then added some stamped flowers using the same techniques as last time with the spray inks. The centres of these I added a big dab of the bronze acrylic which I love the texture of it once it dried.

Now for the tale of the journals and what happens next. Unfortunately we have two journals missing in action at the moment. Both posted at the same time but as separate parcels and never made it to the next recipient. This makes us all very sad to think our beloved artwork is not going to finish its journey ... So this is a plea that if anyone works for royal mail and sees this post ... Please look out for the missing journals!

So for the moment I have no journal to create in, and until Wednesday we are not sure what to do! Fingers crossed they will turn up safe and well ... But I will keep you posted! Excuse the pun!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment