Monday 7 May 2012

Dynamic duos

A new challenge blog started this week called Dynamic Duos. The rules are that the card or project must be made using only neutrals and the two colours chosen. This week the colours chosen are Lucky Limeade and Pool Party and I was chuffed to see that as I actually own these colour ink pads.

I decided on a clean and simple card and to not use any patterned papers (mainly as I don't have any in those colours) and to make a mainly white card and pattern it using stamps from the fresh vintage kit.




The border stamp I used from the kit and stamped it in the Pool Party as graduated stripes then I stamped the main floral image in the Lucky Limeade in a separate panel of whisper white and inked the edge to make it stand out.

Finally the little gems added for the little bit of bling.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS card. I love the graduated stripes in the background. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the stripes..so subtle and very unique...and a great backdrop for the image. Thanks for joining us with our first Dynamic Duo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! LOVE the CAS design of it--and the way you've stamped the border is amazing! LOVE this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet and pretty design! I love the soft, subtle stripes in the background and the simple gemstone embellishments! A beautiful CAS card! Thanks for joining us over at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use that border stamp Catherine. A pretty CAS design. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use that background stamp! Wow! Love te clean design, too. So glad you joined us over at the Dynamic Duos challenge blog! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card, that image is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete