Sunday 29 July 2012

Kate Crane taster class at Art From The Heart ... July

So I am a little on the late side in sharing this but that's cos I wanted to give the card before I shared it.

This is the card I created on the taster session we had with Kate Crane at art from the heart which kicked off our raggy doll weekend swapping our art journals.





We created the background using the wonderful Dylusions inks and some masks to create some effects and then stamped the leaves etc using the distress inks. Then the diamond pattern you can see was stamped using the distress again and this time using the perfect pearls mica to adhere to it giving it a wonderful metallic lustre on the pattern of the stamp. Never used these before and thought they were fun to use although I doubt I'll ever buy them due to the princess mess factor of my crafting!

Then we stamped the fab stampotique image separately ... I chose the fab monster and coloured them. I used a mixture of the perfect pearls and the Dylusions ink. I slightly over watered ... Hence the bleed effect although I love the bloodshot eyes of the monster! Finally added the mat and popped it onto the card blank and put the sentiment on top!

Very different from my normal style of card making but I LOVED it! I can recommend a class with Kate anytime as she was just delightful and made everything so easy!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad which means I probably haven't proof read the above and there is likely to be rubbish included that I probably should have thought about more! So please accept this post as it is and sorry that I didn't take more care!

No comments:

Post a Comment