Tuesday 17 July 2012

Thank yous

This past weekend saw me celebrate my birthday and despite being poorly in the run up to it I managed to have a fantastic time with friends and family dropping in for our open house party, complete with BBQ and bouncy castle for the kids. Despite the panics I had that it would pour down with rain as it had done all week in the lead up the sun actually came out and apart from a very small amount of spots of rain at 2pm it stayed dry.

Of course birthdays and party's means I get an excuse to do some thank you cards as people were so generous of their time and with their gifts... So on the Sunday when my princess was making thank you cards for the teachers I decided to make some simple cards using a SU set i have forgotten the name of...
Ooops!

I used some lemon and green card blanks for most as these are my least used card stock colours for other occasions and I stamped and used up scraps from my recently reorganised scrap box rather than cutting into new paper. I was so proud of myself for being sensible with the stash for once!




The eagle eyed amongst you will notice there is one card that's a bit different ... The blue and purple card. This is because I was one card blank short of the greens and lemons so used one of the 4x4 blue card blanks I have to finish off what I needed! But the design is similar and the same stamp set was used!

I am hoping for a craft night tomorrow evening as i have managed so little craft recently ... So watch this space my blogging addiction may resurface!

Thanks for popping in and happy crafting all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad which means I probably haven't proof read the above and there is likely to be rubbish included that I probably should have thought about more! So please accept this post as it is and sorry that I didn't take more care!

1 comment:

  1. Well done you for being disciplined with your scraps! These are smashing thank you cards which will be very much appreciated. I'm so pleased the weather was nice for your party and hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete