Friday 20 July 2012

Full circle

A couple of weekends ago saw the end to the first cycle of our circle journal. After ten months of creating pages for each other we have now finished our books with just the inside cover to finish ... Think I may add a pic of the group to finish it off... But more about that when I get there!

We met up in Harrogate (with two of the group missing due to personal reasons - you were much missed Janey and Tracey). I didn't take many pics during the weekend due to rubbish phone not working well so I have stolen from the girls who were good enough to take plenty of pics and generously share them... Thanks to you all!

So what happened ... Well we spent money in AFTH (of course) (I had three visits in one day, followed by a whole day there the next!), four of us had a mini taster class with Kate Crane (fab!), ate loads of food especially fab cupcakes made by Darcy and Marie, drank lots of wine, chatted non stop, laughed, cried and swapped our journals.

Here is a pic of me with mine...


I will do a full post with pics of each page all together soon ... Just need to actually take the pics!

We also did a full days class with Dyan where we each did a large canvas ... Again another post will be coming with this as the main feature ... But in the meantime here is me and my canvas ... Proud as punch!





I have to say it was a fantastic end to one journal ... But not the end to our friendship. We will be continuing certainly the friendship and more art journalling in one form or another and have already started to plan the next gathering.

I have one more photo to share ... Me and the moustache cookies that Lynn made ...
Daft photo moments all round!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad which means I probably haven't proof read the above and there is likely to be rubbish included that I probably should have thought about more! So please accept this post as it is and sorry that I didn't take more care!

1 comment:

  1. It was a fab weekend and certainly not the end of our friendship! x

    ReplyDelete