Thursday 30 August 2012

Crafting with my friends

Last night some friends of mine came round for a crafting session. Sometimes when we get together we do free crafting, sometimes we ask an SU demo who is also now a friend to do a class, and now we have started doing it so one of us in turn organises it as a project. Last night was the start of this and I was in charge!

I organised two cards and also had a bit of free craft in the middle whilst I put my daughter to bed.

This is the first of the cards we made...





I used my favourite stamp set Forever Young and decided on the clock. I decided to do some heat embossing and then picked out some gorgeous patterned card from a selection in the stash that has embossing on it which the flash has just about picked up in the photo. I used very vanilla card and a cream card blank to keep the card quite classy. The clock was stamped and embossed three times with the black detail powder and then the clock part and the clock face cut out and raised. Finally some pearls for the embellishment. I've never done the clock with embossing before but I love the effect of glossy finish for it so may have to dig out the other embossing powders to try other colours... I can imagine it in a lovely bronze colour... Maybe when I have a little more time!

After we had made this I put the princess to bed and left the lovely ladies with some sketches and a box of christmas stuff to play with .... When I came down they had chosen some different bits and pieces ... And all made something slightly different. Not all were finished but good progress made towards finishing. I made a quick card too which I will post shortly for the America Monday challenge.

Then we moved to the messy card!



Here is my example card! I used my beautiful Dylusions inks and mixed the turquoise and blue colours and swiped the watercolour card through so it made a lovely mottled effect on the card. Once it was dry I then used my snowflake stamp to stamp into some water and then stamp on the card and then blot with the kitchen roll to remove some ink and leave the lighter snowflake impression. Once dry I stamped my favourite Dasher stamp and the sentiment in Island indigo and then simple mount on the dark blue mirri card. Finally on the example I used some glossy enamel and some stickles to finish off Dasher. Unfortunately my glossy enamels has air in it and is bubbling loads so not working so well. So the ones I did last night I omitted the glossy enamel and stuck to the platinum stickles.




I was happy with how both cards went ... Especially the inky messy ones ... I, as usual, got far muckier than the others, but the wonderful craft scrubbie soon sorted me out!

I did also ink up a little more card whilst there was still some on the mat so experimented a little more ... But will post about that later.

So that's it from me today. Princess and I off to the dentist for her teeth check so we have to go and get ready for that. May well be back later with some more!


Entering the Holly jolly christmas challenge with the second set of cards ... Reindeer!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad which means I probably haven't proof read the above and there is likely to be rubbish included that I probably should have thought about more! So please accept this post as it is and sorry that I didn't take more care!

1 comment:

  1. It's news to me about the project setting up idea - I can start stressing about it now :-) Glad that you all had a good time and very productive too by the looks of things. I love the messy raindeer card, which looks nothing of the sort- looks fab!

    ReplyDelete