Two lovely patterned papers - all materials and stamps and inks are Stampin Up - and gorgeous ribbon. layered up. Then the sentiment stamped in black and punched out with the matching punch. Then several layers of clear embossing until thick and moving around when heat embossed. I managed to sustain a small injury I don't recommend by putting my thumb in it whilst very hot - ouch!
Then left to cool - we put them in the fridge. Once cool, crack the surface and hey presto a nice cracked glass effect. Added the button and put the sentiment on the bottom. Then I wanted to play with a new stamp set (build a blossom) and stamped the flower (separate petals and flower centre) and just placed the flower behind the sentiment (to keep it safe) but the class all said it looked good so I went with the flow and stuck it down - pleased with my little unique touch!
So this was embossing the motorcycle stamp with very fine embossing powder and then painting with bleach - yes I was dubious - but wow I love the effect as it bleached the paper to make a lovely effect. Distressed the edge of the paper, mounted on cream (Sorry Helen - can't remember the actual colour you said it was!) and then distressed and edged that with black ink too. Also added the panel of spotty paper and mounted that on the red (again - no idea which red!) and then small punched shape (word panel I think it is) and added three antique type metal brads. Love this - not usually good at more masculine cards (although it isn't purely for men!) so pleased I have another string to my bow now! Now the bathroom will never be cleaned again as the bleach ends up in the crafting stash!
Quick update - this card sold as soon as I got it to work!!!- Thanks Helen for the design and technique!
Thanks Helen for a lovely class - off to find my other classmates blogs and blog hop! Such fun!
Happy crafting all!