Saturday 28 May 2011

Todays layout


This is todays crafty effort as I have decided to do more scrapbooking as my mountain of cards is ridiculous at the moment!

So the photos were ones I took of M and V messing around a few weeks ago at a restaurant pulling faces for the camera.  The layout is a variation of a sketch on Kirsty Wiseman's blog she used for her Wendesday crop which unfortunately this week I couldn't get to, but thought better late than never to join in. 

So I chose the papers which I thought gave a nice mix of coordination and contrast, an oatmeal 12x12, then some nitwit linen effect green and some textured dark plum, some Basic Grey stripey 12 x 12 and some lace and velvet type ribbon.  Chose to do a bit of rough and ready edging to the plum cardstock which was inspired by Kirsty's layout.  As I don't have any doilies (this needs rectifying though!) I went for punching the edge of the cream linen paper from Nitwit and then adding a lacy ruffle ribbon.  As the photos I had didn't quite work the way round of the sketch I had to rotate it 90 degrees.  Then added the copper mist spray and some droplets of the gold pearl mica in the bottom right hand corner.  Finally added the embellishments which were mainly from a kit I must have bought about 4 years ago and never even opened (the things you find when you look through your stash huh!).  So there are a mixture of chipboard stickers with family related sentiments.  Oh and added the stamped sentiments down the left hand side too.  And the little tags that are making memories ones I sprayed with the copper mist and then added the ribbon as well as the edge of the stripey paper with the ribbon too!  Oh and some very cute tiny little pink buttons too! 

So amazed with myself that I managed to finish this off all in one crafting session, especially as it was a session I was looking after M in - for once she didn't want to "add" to my creation.

Anyways tonight hubby dearest has friends here to watch the football and all I know is at least 1 goal has gone the way he wants as I have cocooned myself on the bed to watch pirates of the carribbean (getting myself ready to watch it next week!) and to play with some digi scrapping so may well post another few posts later on if I feel ok with my creations.  Alternatively head over to daisytrail and look out for CatieCuddles creations over there too!

Happy crafting all!





No comments:

Post a Comment