Monday 6 June 2011

Commissions galore!

So long time no post (apart from the whining one at lunch today as blogger wouldn't let me post on others pages!).  No what have I been up to ... well not too much craft wise I'm afraid.  I've had some more commissions which I've finished off and thats about it.  Today I received another request so at some point this week I'll be getting the stash out of the cupboard, but for tonight I did some digi designing for a major commission (more about that another time).

So here's some of the finished articles of the last week or so.

So this was a large (8x8) card for my "customers" husband, used some paper from a digi kit in black, grey and pale lime green, matted and layered on black and silver.  Then added some grosgrain spotty ribbon, and the photo of the classic car she had chosen.  Then finished off with some card candi in silver.  I spent ages thinking that the card didn't quite look finished but nothing I added looked right - in the end I went with the less is more theory and this is what she got. I did charge a little more for this and the next one to compensate for the larger card stock I bought for her especially.

So another larger (8x8) card.  This time the brief was Mum loves flowers and grey cat.  So the cat was stamped from freebie Daisy and Dandelion kit from a magazine I use quite a lot.  Then the paper was Debbie Moore paper from a CD Rom (I think) also added a panel of dark blue which I crimped (new toy!) and printed the sentiment panel from CraftArtist.  Then added a lacey border on the edge and an organza ribbon.  Then added some paper flowers with card candi silver centres.  Loved the colours on this one - thought it was quite an elegant combination.  Of course the cat was coloured in promarkers.

The next one was a man who has a car like the one pictured.  I went for quite a bright paper I had got from Basic Grey from a stock of scrapbook papers and cards I found ages ago.  Added the navy ribbon and then the blue buttons.  Also bought the glittery silver numbers and some glittery silver dots from a little spree in Hobbycraft when looking for some numbers specifically for finishing "number" cards.

Sorry for the rubbish picture - The brief for this was man likes beer - so initially I thought - of course he does!  But then how difficult is it to get nice beer pictures or stamps - they are all really tacky from the usual places and I wasn't keen on the Craftartist cheers digikit.  Plus my printer has finally run out of ink so printing is off limits till ink cartirdges purchased.  So on my little trek around Hobbycraft which is not my shop of choice but the only place open when I finished work that particular day, I suddenly spotted this little beer stamp on a sheet of Forever Friends stamps.  Fantastic me thinks - although a little pricey - but then I know I'll use some of the other stamps too for other mens cards.  Also found these Little Claires peel offs I bought at a craft fair last year to make a card for hubby dearest and these made a perfect addition to the green checked panel.  Then added the string and the button to the brown panel and mounted it on the white card.  String I was especially pleased with as this came off my hubbys new jeans and I spotted this and thought - I know how to use this immediately - and so it made it into my crafty stash!

Finally - not a commission but a card for a friend.  To finish off the mainly masculine commissions it was so nice to do something pretty again!  A lovely friend of mine turned 30, and as we both are a fan of cake it was a perfect opportunity to use these molly blooms stamps.  Some stamped cake stand and coloured in in promarkers, also coloured in the stamped bunting and then cut it out to affix over the top of the panels.  Added some cute ribbon and lace in mixture of lilacs and whites and then added the lovely sparkly 30.  Finally stamped the cake on the envelope to make the card match.  Fingers crossed she got to eat plenty of cake on her birthday as I wasn't with her to make sure she did.  Happy Birthday Vikki!

So 4 more things to tell you ... I am officially promarker obsessed ... so much so I bought another 15 on my quick trip to Hobbycraft ... have had to increase the storage for them ... and here is my nifty new storage (almost full I might add!)



My Christmas kit has arrived - I took the plunge on a cute Pepper kit and it has arrived in the post - lots of delicious little cutsey images to play with - so Christmas crafting may have to start soon - have only managed a small amount of stamping and colouring (an excuse to try some of my new Promarkers of course) but not made anything up yet as that seems a little too chirstmassy!  Such fun!

Spotted some doilies in Sainsburys for very cheap price of under 1 squid - immediately purchased - can't wait to use - may well use in the next commissioned card I need to do!  Also in impatience to get my BigShot (it's getting closer though!) I have purchased a few ready cut frames and toppers from ebay - probably drastically overpriced but been on a bit of an ebay mad week this last week so never mind!  Hopefully some of these will make lovely bases for some stamped images over the Xmas period as well as for some of the other stuff I am doing. 

And finally - a new craft shop has been visited!  Finally made it to Crab Apple Crafts at Lady Heyes the home of rosemary merry... loved it and spent money there too on some cute stamps... these have yet to see action as yet but will be no doubt in use very very soon!

Have to go now - bed beckons and really ought to get some sleep soon.

Happy crafting all!  Night night!


No comments:

Post a Comment