So here is what I did! Jayne's good luck fairy! She's had some strife in her life recently and I figured she needed this!
I decided to flip the journal around a little to give me a different dimension to deal with. Then I completely covered the back with the patterned paper which has a mix of matt and gloss to it and is a rich teal colour with the black. I then grunged it up a bit with the white paint and turquoise blue paint, which I squidged around with a flower stamp free with craft stamper a few months ago that I had not got round to using before.
Then I created the fairy. She is a she art shaped girl, but I decided to colour her with promarkers and give her a face, but otherwise is kept pretty much to she art type of figure. I created petals for the skirt out of different patterned papers and layered it all up with some doodles. Then I created the wings with the bottom layer in white paper and then the top layer with vellum which I gave some texture with the Tim holtz embossing folder.
Then glittered the wand star with the champagne chunky glitter from stampin up. I hand wrote and cut the title and edged it with pink aqua marker and glued them down and then added rub-on details all over the page.
The final added element was the layered flower with the card candi in the centre which I added some crackle accent to.
And now the tag ...
I went a bit mad and painted the tag with black acrylic and then stamped the flower stamp with the white acrylic! Never been so bold before so you can imagine I was a bit scared when I'd done it ... But must admit I love it!
I added some adhesive ribbons down one side which were preglittered, then hand wrote and cut the journalling.
At the bottom I added the lace trim which came with a magazine a while ago.
The other side I covered with the textured gift wrap I had saved from last year waiting for a perfect use...
Then I added a panel of book print and some washi tape and ten buttons to represent our circle journal sisterhood. Then I washed the book print with some acrylic white and some black scratched over the top and then wrote the last bit of journalling. And finally a little more rub on elements and some crackle glaze I added to the writing patch.
I can't believe I didn't finish this earlier ... But hopefully will be along very soon with the next journal. Our journals are almost at an end with only a few more pages to go before we are reunited with our original journal and of course our visit to Harrogate. Can't wait!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad