Monday 14 May 2012

Fathers Day Card Swap

I participated in a fathers day card swap over at Creating the Crafty Life in april and it is now time to share what I made...




Unfortunately I don't have a great photo of the finished card as I have stupidly deleted it from my iPad after sending them to Texas where they will be divvied up amongst the participants.

So what did I do? Well I took an a5 cream card blank and started with the blue paper you can see in the background. I ran this through the Big Shot with the Tim Holtz embossing folder to give it some texture that is rather rough around the edges due to the paper being quite thin but it works for the look I was going for. Then I cut a panel of the red paper using my naturally distressing Paper trimmer which as it is getting quite blunt gives a naturally fluffed and distressed edge to the paper. I then also cut a strip of the Kanban foiled card with the cogs on it. Then I layered them up.

Then I took some cream textured paper and cut a panel and tore one edge of it... So out of character for me with all these torn and fluffy edges!

I used a stamp from the travel set I have had for a while and stamped the old vintage car in the vintage photo distress ink. I then took a crafters companion stamp for the fathers day stamp and stamped that in the vintage photo too.

Then I thought that the card needed some more gold to balance the foiled card so I added a die cut cog from the matching Kanban set and two mock gold brads to the top of the stamped panel.

Some of the layers were adhered using pin flair glue gel to add a little dimension, although not too much as I felt the texture of the embossing probably provided enough dimension... Plus I had to post these to Texas so didn't want to bulk up the package too much!

Inside the card I broke with tradition and added a textured insert and on the envelope I stamped the car to give it a theme running through.

I can't wait to see the cards I get in return for the swap and am hoping that I will be able to find at least three i can use myself for the fathers in my life...

Enjoy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment