Monday 30 July 2012

Circle journal catch up ... Tracey's page

This was the last of the pages to be created in our first circle journal ... For the lovely Tracey.

By this point the journals were suffering a little from being stuffed full of loveliness and so I and to start with a layer of paper to keep the pages in the book so I chose a soft pale blue patterned paper from Nitwit. Once I got that down I decided what to do!



Whilst deciding I searched the Internet and came up with the idea of stars and so decided to find a quote and round this I came up with the plan for the page. I masked an area off for the star and then started applying spray inks and them dp gesso and paint. Then I added the dimensional paint in the silver round the edge of the star and then created the other stars... 10 in total for each of the raggy doll sisters!

I searched my Scrap booking stash for letter stickers etc and found the ones I used ... Including the fab flocked ones! Then I handwrote the rest of the quote. Finally it felt like it needed a frame so I doodled the edges.





For the tag I decided to stamp and heat emboss in clear the star shape and then I swiped the distress ink over the tag so it was coated with the exception of the embossed area. I then added little star sayings and quotes I liked in between the stars. Then another doodled border frame.




With all the ink on the other side this side was quite messy when I turned it over so I smoothed out the ink a little and then added silver acrylic and bubble wrap painted with the gesso to add the texture. Then I added all the sequin black stars to the top of the tag and added the journalling.

I have yet to finish my journal but hoping to get to it very soon and then I will share with you my finished journal page by page... Probably just in time to start our next one.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad which means I probably haven't proof read the above and there is likely to be rubbish included that I probably should have thought about more! So please accept this post as it is and sorry that I didn't take more care!

No comments:

Post a Comment